Craving something cinnamon-y, chewy, creamy and comforting during this holiday season? (Not to mention simple, affordable and easy to make!) I’ve got the perfect solution for you. You only need six basic ingredients! CREAM CHEESE MONKEY BREAD. It will make all of your dreams come true.
I think I spent a total of less than $6 to make these. Spectacular right? The biscuits and cream cheese were majorly on sale at the time, which made a huge difference, but I can’t imagine having to spend more than $10 total any given day. It’s basically a quick and easy trick for a frosted cinnamon roll craving. It tastes just a Cinnabun but without all of the yeast rising waiting business. I bought a new bundt pan especially for this recipe, but I’m sure you could just as easily glob the biscuits together in a round springform or cake pan. This is amazing heated up for breakfast with a cup of tea or coffee, but especially straight out of the oven!
You’ll sleep good the night after you eat this!
Cream Cheese Monkey Bread
Recipe adapted from Pip & Ebby
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Two 12-ounce tubes refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- One 8-ounce package neufchatel cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the sugars and spices; set aside.
- Slice 10 discs of dough from each tube of biscuits. Set discs on a flat surface and set one cube of cream cheese in the center of each piece of dough. Wrap edges of dough up and around the cheese so all that is visible is the top side of cream cheese cube. Place 10 dough-wrapped cheese cubes, cheese-side-up, in bottom of prepared pan. Top with half of the sugar mixture and half of the butter. Top with the remaining dough-wrapped cheese cubes, cheese-side-down, the remaining sugar and remaining butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter and serve!