If any of you love stationary involving owls, wood grain, birds, or other cute graphic design images of animals as much as I do, check out this awesome online store Rock Scissor Paper for awesome cards, journals, tote bags, coasters, and other handmade goodies! Some of the cutest stuff I’ve seen in quite a while…
Speaking of owls, I found this great pot holder at Target recently. It makes me inspired to be baking even more so than usual!
Also, if any of you love eggplant, especially eggplant parmesean sandwiches, check out this recipe from Rachael Ray. It’s amazing and very simple to make!
2 cloves garlic
1 sprig rosemary
1 small red onion, chopped
One 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 eggplants, cut into 8 slices each
Salt and pepper
1 cup packed baby arugula
1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
Juice of 1/2 lemon
4 sesame-crusted sub rolls
One 1/2- to 1-pound ball smoked mozzarella, sliced into 8 rounds
1. Preheat a grill pan to medium-high or a broiler to high. In a small saucepan, heat the EVOO over medium heat. Add the garlic and rosemary and let steep for 3 minutes.
2. In a large skillet, combine 1 tablespoon of the infused EVOO and the red onion over medium heat and cook until softened, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the tomatoes, brown sugar and vinegar, lower the heat and cook until thickened, 7 minutes.
3. Brush half the eggplant with the infused EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil, flipping once, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining eggplant.
4. Dress the arugula and basil with the lemon juice and remaining infused EVOO; season with salt and pepper.
5. On each roll bottom, layer 4 eggplant slices, a handful of greens and 2 smoked mozzarella rounds. Grill or broil to melt the cheese. Slather the roll tops with the tomato jam and set in place.